POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : post_process {} broken? : Re: post_process {} broken? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: post_process {} broken?
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 1 Feb 2000 15:39:05
Message: <38974469@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes <omn### [at] hotmailcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote...
> First thing, and only thing, I've tried so far is 'post_process' and the
> rendered Png output file seems to be corrupted somehow.  PSP won't open
it,
> IrfanView will but guess what?  There isn't any final render like what
shows in
> the display window within POV!  The post processing isn't there, just the
> regular unprocessed image.  Another thing that I have to ask about is what
the
> *tpn file is for.  I can actually open that in PSP without trouble yet
it's
> still just the unpostprocessed render too.

As a work-around, use TGA as your output format instead of PNG.  That TPN
file should not be there (should never have been created).  I'll have to
take a closer look at the PNG code to figure out what is going on.

> Another thing I guess I should point out though I'm uncertain it's a
defect or
> not, the focal_blur is always in focus from the camera to the distance
given
> apparently and not a range around the focus point like the camera blur in
> official POV does.  Unless I'm mistaken.

You're mistaken.  :-)

However, everything within the range (start through start+depth) will be
totally in focus.  Sometimes you have to make the range significantly
shorter in order to get good blurring.  I want to add a fourth parameter,
which is the effect strength (a value of 2.0 would double the blurring).

> I have taken a look through both the Help and Html files and found no
mention of
> that Tpn file output (some sort of temporary file I presume).

That tpn file shouldn't exist.  Maybe it's a temporary file created by the
PNG code, but none of my code creates it directly.

-Nathan